Attorney Julia Mills Mettry
Julia Mills Mettry is an experienced trial lawyer in all areas involving families. From aggressively representing prospective adoptive parents in finalizing a contested adoption to helping family members obtain guardianship over their elderly loved ones, Julia brings a broad and expansive perspective to Allen & Mills. Julia has also placed her primary focus on representation of clients in all aspects of divorce, custody, paternity, and child support cases as well as providing them with estate planning and probate practice. Julia takes the defense of the rights of children seriously and puts their best interests in the forefront which she shows in her work as court-appointed Guardian Ad Litem in contested custody matters. Her determination has resulted in triumph both in the courtroom and on the appellate level. As a partner of Allen & Mills, Julia’s primary focus is bringing clients one firm to handle all of their legal needs.
Julia was born and raised in Norman, Oklahoma. She graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a bachelors degree in Letters and then went on to attain her Juris Doctor in 2010. She began working for the firm in 2003 as a legal assistant and finally becoming an associate lawyer in 2011. In 2016, Julia was named partner of Allen&Mills. While attending law school, she interned for the State Department in Washington DC and Embassy El Salvador in the Department of Bureaucracy, Human Rights, and Labor.
- Family Law Section, American Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Board Member, Cleveland County Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Probate, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Supreme Court of State of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma;
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- J.D., University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2007
You can reach Julia Mills Mettry using any of the following methods: